Although it may not seem all that important, in almost every relationship, making conversation occupies a very special place.
Meaningful conversation about the things that are important to your client will help to personalise your relationship. It’s the way to let them know you’re listening to and thinking about them… More than this you’re saying ‘You care’.
Importantly though, you mustn’t make conversation just for the sake of having a chat. You must set a clear intention that will underlie all your questions and statements. The conversation should be structured around the positive aspects that are of real interest and relevance to your client.
Here are five areas of conversation that will allow you to really get to know your client…
• Family… What relationships are important to them, this would include
friends and family?
• Occupation… What are their long-term career aspirations as well
as current positions?
• Recreation… What do they love to do in their spare time?
• Motivation or Money… What motivates your client? Their vision, goals and aspirations
• Sports or Specific… Specific conversation about the products/service you offer
and the benefits to them
No matter what, remember that you’re not chatting for your pleasure, always talk about what’s important to your client…
Live with passion,